all papers are available upon request
- Gomez-Lavin, J. (forthcoming). Working memory is not a natural kind and cannot explain central cognition. Review of Philosophy and Psychology.
- Gomez-Lavin, J. & Rachar, M. (2019). Normativity in joint action. Mind and Language, 34 (1), 97-120
- Gomez-Lavin, J. & Prinz, J. (2019). Parole and the Moral Self: Moral change mitigates responsibility. Journal of Moral Education, 48 (1), 65-83
- Gomez-Lavin, J. Prinz, J., Strohminger, N., & Nichols, S. (2019). Expansive Interdisciplinarity and the moral self. In N. Snow & D. Narvaez (Eds.), Self, Motivation, and Virtue: New Findings from Philosophy and Psychology. New York: Routledge Press.
- Braunlich, K., Gomez-Lavin, J., & Seger, C. (2015). Frontalparietal networks involved incategorization and item working memory. NeuroImage, 107.
Refereed Proceedings and Commentaries
- Gomez-Lavin, J. (2019). Why expect causation at all? A pessimistic parallel with neuroscience. [Peer commentary on “How causal are microbiomes? A comparison with the Helicobacter pylori explanation of ulcers,” by K. E. Lynch, E. C. Parke, & M. A. O’Malley]. Philosophy and Biology, 34:61.
- Gomez-Lavin, J., Fingerhut, J., & Prinz, J. (2017). The aesthetic self effect. Art and Perception, 5.
Essays and Book Reviews
- Gomez-Lavin, J. (2019). [Review of the book Art, Aesthetics, and the Brain, by Huston et al.]. Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism, 77 (2), 219-222.
- Gomez-Lavin, J. (2018). Artworld Roundtable: Can today’s artists still sell out? Aesthetics for Birds.
- Gomez-Lavin, J. (2017). [Review of the book The centered mind: What the science of working memory shows us, by P. Carruthers]. Philosophical Psychology, 30 (5), 685-688.
Work in preparation — available upon request
- Gomez-Lavin, J. Reportability does not entail consciousness.
- Gomez-Lavin, J. The central fallacy of AIR theories of consciousness.
- Gomez-Lavin, J. Videogames and rampant spectation.
- Gomez-Lavin, J. & Humphreys, J. Striking at the Aristotelian heart of cognition.
- Fingerhut, J., Gomez-Lavin, J., Winklemayer, C., & Prinz, J. The aesthetic self effect.
- Gomez-Lavin, J. & Rachar, M. Why we need a new normativism about collective action.