all papers are available upon request
- Braunlich, K., Gomez-Lavin, J., & Seger, C. (2015). Frontalparietal networks involved incategorization and item working memory. NeuroImage, 107.
- Gomez-Lavin, J., Fingerhut, J., & Prinz, J. (2017). The Aesthetic Self Effect. Art and Perception, 5.
- Gomez-Lavin, J. & Rachar, M. (online). Normativity in joint action. Mind and Language.
- Gomez-Lavin, J. & Prinz, J. (online). Parole and the Moral Self: Moral change mitigates responsibility. Journal of Moral Education.
- Gomez-Lavin, J. & Prinz, J. (forthcoming). Expansive Interdisciplinarity and the moral self. In N. Snow & D. Narvaez (Eds.), Self, Motivation, and Virtue: New Findings from Philosophy and Psychology. New York: Routledge Press.
Essays and Book Reviews
- Peter Carruthers’ “The Centered Mind: What the Science of Working Memory Shows us about the Nature of Human Thought,” reviewed for Philosophical Psychology, (2017).
- “On selling out in pop music” Aesthetics for Birds, blog of the American Society for Aesthetics, (2018).
- Oxford University Press’ “Art, Aesthetics, and the Brain,” reviewed for the Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism, (forthcoming).
Work in preparation — available upon request
- Working memory is not a natural kind.
- Reportability does not entail consciousness.
- Four challenges to AIR accounts of consciousness.
- A defense of psychological interpretations of the Cartesian circle.
- Disbelief as mere belief.
- Games as social instruments.
- Immigration and the moral self. With J. Fingerhut and J. Prinz.